The Institute is pleased to offer unique professional development opportunity for school and district leaders seeking guidance and discussion about the fast-changing and expansive changes included in the legislation. Read more >>
FREE INFORMATIONAL VIDEOS
The Institute is planning two stages of video production. The Parent Message, a short video that informs the parents of 8th grade students about upcoming changes and requirements for their children under this new legislation will be the first initiative. The Institute plans to produce this video during January 2014. This video will be available in both English and Spanish and be available across the State of Texas.
The second phase of video production will create Student-to-Student videos. The purpose of these videos will be to inform 8th grade students about the five endorsement areas. The first student videos will focus on describing the types of courses required certificates that may be earned, and associates or bachelor’s degrees, as well as career opportunities within each endorsement. These videos will also include information about the following:
- The importance of maintaining academic rigor regardless of endorsement pathway, with an emphasis on graduating with the distinguished level of achievement
- Information about the changes coming to high schools as a result of HB5
- Parental consent that will be required in 8th grade and when/if a student chooses to leave an endorsement area and return to the Foundation Program established by the SBOE
- Career paths associated with an endorsement area
- Changes to graduation requirements
- Changing job markets in Texas and the nation and why additional training within the endorsement areas and associated university coursework will be necessary for future job opportunities.
View a highlight video below.
For more information about how you or your company can support this effort please contact Dr. Paula Moeller 512-232-2559, email@example.com.
Information coming soon.