Serving as a strategic partner in educational innovation and improvement, the Institute for Public School Initiatives (IPSI) works with leaders and educators to design and launch innovative tools, interventions, and training programs in an effort to help create a brighter future for students. IPSI’s statewide teams are comprised of programmatic, curricular, and technological experts with decades of subject-specific expertise. Our partners leverage IPSI’s knowledge and experience to address complex challenges and offer unique and effective tools to improve student achievement and increase teacher and school effectiveness. Here are some examples of how IPSI can support your school, district, or organization:
- Blended Learning: What is blended learning? What are the different blended learning models? How do you use your district eLearning platform for asynchronous and synchronous instruction? These are questions IPSI can assist in answering. Team members can
- deliver professional development on blended learning models including examples of hybrid, flipped, self-paced, and/or facilitated;
- help determine which blended learning model best meets the district, campus, or classroom need and provide technical assistance through training on the Learning Management System (LMS), software, or hardware used; and
- provide additional, ongoing face-to-face or online coaching and support (e.g., assist with developing a schedule to increase or align technology intervention or tutoring support with classroom instruction).
- Technology Integration: IPSI has experience supporting schools and districts with identifying and integrating technology applications within core and/or intervention instruction. IPSI has the capacity to
- deliver professional development on how to integrate technology into daily lessons and demonstrate both how technology is a tool or resource to support content and how to use technology to meet the needs of 21st century learners;
- provide ongoing, onsite coaching support to assist teachers in identifying ways to enhance content, lesson delivery, and student engagement with the use of technology; and
- model how teachers can align daily instruction and use of technology with the Texas Technology Applications standards.
- Online Course Facilitation: IPSI has experience with developing self-paced and facilitated, online courses. This includes courses on Educational Leadership, Project-Based Approaches, Collaboration in the Digital Classroom, Thinking Critically with Data, and Blended Learning, which supported an Intel Teach grant, as well as online courses to support End-of-Course Success and English High School Electives, both Texas Education Agency-funded projects. IPSI can assist your school or district with
- developing self-paced or fully-facilitated online course modules;
- developing facilitator guides to support online courses;
- selecting a Learning Management System; and
- establishing online professional learning communities.
To learn more about current or past projects IPSI supports or contributed to, go to the following: