The educator professional development services within College Readiness division at the Institute for Public School Initiatives serves to implement instructional practices that will turn students into critical thinkers and problem solvers. To this end, we provide professional development that is significant and ongoing to allow time for teachers to learn a new strategy and implement the strategy in the classroom. Professional development engages teachers through varied approaches so they can participate actively in making sense of a new practice. Our instructional coaching program provides support for teachers during strategy implementation and address the specific challenges of changing classroom practice. Our coaching model includes classroom observation feedback with researched instructional strategies.
An academy is a face-to-face training requiring a minimum of three full days of intensive training. An academy requires campus administrator support and follow-up meetings and/or walk-through observations for sustainability.
- WOW Academy
- WOW Turbo
- CHAMPs Positive Behavior Management
A workshop is a one-day face-to-face training for targeted skill building. Workshops are not conducive to bring about school transformation unless they are coupled with instructional coaching or campus capacity.
- Differentiated Instruction
- Differentiated Instruction for Gifted Students
- Google Classroom
- Advanced Instructional Strategies for Gifted Students
- 25 Advanced Instructional Strategies
- iPads in the Classroom
- Integrating Technology-Rich Projects with your Curriculum
- BYOT Engagement Tools for Teachers
- Free is Fabulous - Free Web 2.0 Tools for the Classroom
- Google Chrome and Google Docs
- Getting Started with Google Mail, Calendar, and Sites
- Google Tools for Differentiation
- Instructional Coaching Strategies
Faculty Meeting Trainings
A faculty meeting training is a fifteen-minute training to teach a concept or provide a tool or tools in a faculty meeting.
- 15 Tools in 15 Minutes
- Vertical Alignment for the Whole Child
- Rigor in a Jellybean
- Sweet Googly Moogly
- Research Tools that Rock